Leer en español: Aprender español como lengua extranjera
Mastering a language other than the native one constitutes an interesting intellectual challenge, which will undoubtedly lead us to take advantage of new opportunities. In a special way, learning Spanish as a foreign language is a very convenient option for various reasons, among which is the gratifying experience of traveling with advantages to the countries of Central and South America where this is the official language, as well as to Spain, a country full of charm and grace.
Why is it important to learn Spanish as a foreign language?
When visiting any Spanish-speaking country, it will be easier to achieve your purposes if you communicate correctly in Spanish, while interacting with people who can become part of a universal community together with you. Here are some of the reasons that highlight the importance of Spanish over other languages.
- It is the most widespread language in the world, after Mandarin Chinese, with around 500 million people who speak Spanish. It is an official language in 20 countries, and others have spread it by emigrating; as well as a respectable number, around 90 million people, assume Spanish as a foreign language. For example, in the United States more than 50 million citizens speak Spanish.
- In Argentina, Mexico, Peru, Costa Rica, Uruguay and Spain, you will be able to enjoy your stay much more by communicating in the native language, as it will allow you to fully capture the cultural essence, history and gastronomy, as well as making friends among the locals and travel companions.
- It gives you the opportunity to study and/or work in the country you are visiting, so that you can alternate between discovering new horizons and carrying out productive activities. You can dedicate part of your time in another country to generate income to cover expenses and capitalize yourself to continue advancing to know other geographical spaces.
- Understanding Spanish will make it easier for you to learn other languages such as Portuguese, French, Romanian and Italian, since they come from Latin and share grammatical details, syntax and vocabulary. This way you expand your thinking capacity, speed up your memory, among other abilities.
- You will be less vulnerable to being deceived. Unfortunately in all parts of the world there are scammers who take advantage of foreigners. Showing that you know the language can prevent this from happening, since you understand every word.
- Going to parties and participating in events will be more entertaining. You will go from being a simple spectator to being part of the fun. In this way, you will meet people with whom you can share your stay and even create lasting bonds of friendship.
In Spanish-speaking countries, understanding the language will make you the most popular tourist and wherever you visit, you will surely find someone who also speaks it. Dare to start the magnificent adventure of learning Spanish and make each trip an unforgettable experience.